Even if you love doing home repairs yourself, there are some projects you may want to leave to the pros. With computer chips, Wi-Fi connections, and more washer cycles and dryer functionality than ever, calling a qualified repair technician for your broken appliance may be your best bet.
In addition, finding a technician who can respond to your Ravensdale, WA, washer and dryer repair service call immediately is crucial. You don’t have time to wait around while your laundry pile continues to grow. At Top Shelf, we have more than 20 years of experience providing same-day service and first-rate repairs.
Is Hiring an Appliance Repair Technician Worth It?
There are a few reasons you should consider hiring a Ravensdale washer and dryer repair service expert rather than replacing or repairing the unit yourself:
- Ensuring a long-term fix: When you hire an experienced washer and dryer repair technician to service your appliance, they will ensure your machine is fixed correctly the first time. Rather than a band-aid fix, a professional repair will help your machine last longer, helping you avoid replacing your unit for months or years.
- Keeping your warranty valid: If you perform a DIY repair on your washer or dryer, you might void your warranty. Many appliance manufacturers require repairs to be performed by a licensed technician.
- To avoid buying extra tools: Often, when you repair a project yourself, you may need to run out and buy specialized tools for the task. A professional will have the tools required to run diagnostics and repair your machines.
Ravensdale Appliance Repair Services Near Me
Is an Appliance Repair Easy?
Some appliance repairs may lend themselves to DIY projects, like cleaning a dryer vent or clearing out your washer’s inlet filter; however, others are better left to a professional. Examples include:
- Damaging natural gas lines or valves: If you need to move your appliance for repairs, you may wind up rupturing a gas line or damaging a valve. If this happens, natural gas could leak into your home, causing a fire or carbon monoxide poisoning. Proper repairs and installation reduce these risks.
- Repairing your appliance’s electrical components: You increase your chances for personal injury when performing an appliance repair yourself. For instance, if you are working on an electric washer yourself, replacing or rewiring your unit, you increase your risk of electrocution.
- Using unfamiliar tools: Even if you aren’t working with electrical or gas components, you or your appliance could still be at risk for injury to yourself or damage to the machine if you are unfamiliar with the tools you’re using.
- Injuring yourself: If you need to move your washer or dryer to repair it, you risk injuring yourself or any loved ones helping you.
If you are not sure how to safely repair your washer or dryer, call a Ravensdale, WA, service technician today.
How to Know If Your Washer or Dryer Needs to Be Repaired
An average family in the U.S. does eight to 10 laundry loads every week, making having a working washer and dryer vital to our lives. Knowing when to call a repair technician is essential to keep your machines running to avoid a potentially dangerous situation.
Your Washer Makes Squeaking, Squealing, or Thumping Sounds
Your washer and dryer should only be making gentle swishing, churning, or humming sounds. If you hear any squeaking, squealing, thumping, or other unusual sounds, you should have a qualified repair technician run a diagnostic check.
A diagnostic check is often performed at no charge if repairs are needed, and it’s better to be sure if there’s an issue sooner than later to avoid expensive repairs.
These sounds could be your idler pulley assembly, designed to provide tension to the dryer belt. This tension keeps it from slipping on the driver motor pulley or drum when a laundry load is inside the dryer.
Water Is Leftover Inside the Washer Drum
During the initial cycle, your washer should be draining or spinning water from your clothing. If you discover your newly washed clothes are still sopping wet after running your washer, you may need to contact a qualified repair technician.
An acceptable short-term solution is to take out a part of your laundry load and repeat the spin cycle. However, if your washer has damaged elements, you may be unnecessarily stressing them to the point where they may break, causing a more expensive problem.
Click to contact Top Shelf Appliance Repair Services today
Is It Cheaper to Repair or Replace a Washer or Dryer?
In specific instances, it could be cheaper to repair your washer or dryer, and in others buying a new one may be your best bet.
Whether you replace or repair your appliance will depend on a few factors, including cost. For example, if the price to fix your washer or dryer is more than purchasing a new one, it’s likely time to have it replaced.
Also, if your machine is more than 10 years old, financially, it may make more sense to have it replaced.
If Your Washer & Dryer Need Repairing, Give Us a Call
To keep your appliance running in top condition, call our team today. You can count on Top Shelf Services to take care of all your washer and dryer needs. We also handle other household appliances, including dishwashers, icemakers, and refrigerators.
We’re the best choice in Ravensdale, WA, for washer and dryer repairing services. So, next time your washer or dryer starts acting up, contact us by calling or completing our online service request form today.