A lot of our day-to-day lives depend on having appliances that run properly, especially our washers and dryers. Having a washing machine that gives you clothes smellier than you put in, or a dryer that tumbles but doesn’t heat up, can really throw off your day.
Let an insured, licensed, and bonded Covington washer and dryer repair service technician come to your home and diagnose the problem. We respond within 24 hours, will arrive within a two-hour service window, and will treat your home and appliances like we would our mom’s.
How Do I Know if My Washer and Dryer Needs Repair?
Washing machines and dryers often fail when we least expect them to. Worn-down or damaged parts cause sounds and smells that may lead to more significant troubles, including:
- Clothes still dirty after washing them: Your clothes smell and look like they need to run through another cycle every time you wash them.
- Water leftover in the washer drum: You may have a broken pump, a leak, or a clogged drainage hose.
- Washer that doesn’t fill or fills slowly: This may mean a busted inlet valve, buildup in your washer’s fill hose, or a short in your open-lid signal.
- Causing extra noise while running: Slight churning noises and movements are normal, but if the machine is inching across the floor and making excessive sounds, you may have issues that need attention.
- Dryer isn’t tumbling: If your dryer’s drum doesn’t move even though the dryer is on, you may have a broken or worn-out belt.
- Heat that is insufficient or weak: If your dryer operates perfectly, except that it doesn’t heat up, it’s likely the heating element. Call an appliance repair technician to check it out.
- Banging or thumping noises: As your belt wears down, stretches out, and comes loose, it can cause your dryer drum to spin erratically, causing a rhythmic thump.
- Squealing or grinding: If you notice metal grinding noises, your motor bearings could be to blame. This could lead to more damage down the road, so it should be taken care of by a trained professional as soon as possible.
Covington Appliance Repair Services Near Me
Should I Repair or Replace My Washer or Dryer?
Like most consumers, you likely want to get as much life out of your washer or dryer as possible and then try and find a good time to replace it. In fact, many people expect their machines to last longer—at least 10 years before trading them in.
Here are things to consider if you’re trying to decide if now is the right time to purchase a new washer and dryer:
- The age of your washer or dryer: When considering when to replace your appliance, many people apply the 50% rule. If your washer or dryer is less than halfway through its anticipated lifespan and the repair cost is under 50% of purchasing new, repairing it is likely the best option for you.
- If you need a more energy-efficient appliance: If your utility bills are growing every month, you may save more money over time by purchasing new. For example, according to the S. Department of Energy, new clothes washers today take 70% less energy to run than they did in the 1990s. When shopping for appliances, look for that bright black and yellow label, which helps calculate operating costs for the machine.
- Maintenance may extend your appliance’s life: Keep your washer and dryer running longer by having your appliances checked regularly by a professional and performing routine maintenance yourself. For example, periodically clean your lint trap, check the exhaust vent every 12 months or so, and inspect your water fill hoses to keep your washer and dryer safer and running longer.
- How much the repair will cost: According to experts, you may want to consider replacing your appliance if the cost to repair it is over half the price of a new one. The availability of replacement parts and how much they cost should also be factored into the equation.
When you call our washer and dryer repair service techs in Covington, we can book a time to come to your home and look over your appliances. After we diagnose the issue, we can help you decide if your appliance should be replaced or repaired based on its age, efficiency, make, and model.
How Do We Price Our Washer and Dryer Repairing Services?
To get the most out of your washer and dryer, you want to pay for quality service at a great price. With us, you always know you’re getting what you pay for. That’s because we go by an online Blue Book to price our services.
How does this benefit you? Your price is always consistent and transparent and never contains extra fees or hidden costs.
Click to contact Top Shelf Appliance Repair Services today
Can You Locate Hard-to-Find Parts?
Because of the relationships we’ve established with three appliance distributing companies, we’re able to track down hard-to-find parts for older machines.
And because we can have your parts delivered within 24 hours, we can offer a rapid turnaround. We’ll have your washer and dryer doing what they’re supposed to in no time. Plus, every one of our completed jobs has a 90-day warranty backing all our parts and repairs.
Washer and Dryer Repair Experts in Covington, WA
It’s never a convenient time to have a broken washer or dryer. Faulty appliances can ruin your clothes or lead to water damage or even fire. If you notice unusual smells or loud noises from your washer or dryer, contact Top Shelf Services’ washer and dryer repair team in Covington, WA, immediately.
We’ll arrive at your home on time, ready to provide a white-glove approach. Our years of knowledge and access to a wide range of parts means we can handle any repair issue you have. So, fill out our contact form or call us today. We treat you like family and make your satisfaction our top priority.