If you’re looking for same-day dryer repair in Tacoma, Top Shelf is here to help. We’ve been fixing dryers for 20 years. We understand the pain of soggy clothing that just won’t dry—and how a faulty dryer can ruin your day. Our professional, helpful service technicians will show up on time and can fix most problems on the same day.
Get a FREE service call with your dryer repair. Contact us as soon as possible, and get your washing machine working today.
What Are the Most Common Dryer Repairs in Tacoma?
Dryers are very complex machines with lots of electrical components. This means there are many ways they can go wrong. However, we see some things over and over in the Tacoma area. They include:
- Dryers that don’t start at all
- A dryer that doesn’t heat up or leaves clothes wet
- An overheating dryer that scorches or shrinks clothes
- Dryers that no longer spin
Our technicians can diagnose and repair all of these problems, for any brand of dryer. In many cases, we can have your dryer running like new in just an hour or two.
Tacoma Appliance Repair Services Near Me
What Are the Benefits of Repairing Your Dryer?
When it comes to dryer replacements, there are many benefits to doing so. No one wants to deal with a dryer that isn’t functioning properly, and other dryers may be too new to seek a full replacement. Repairing your dryer as needed brings plenty of benefits.
Some of these benefits include the following:
- A safer home: As with anything in the home when something is broken, it may not be very safe for you or your home. Repairing your dryer will ensure safety above all else.
- Decreased energy bills: When your dryer isn’t doing its job, it won’t be running efficiently. If this is the case, you can expect increased utility bills because your dryers need to overcompensate. By repairing your dryer, it will be back to working efficiently and saving you money on energy bills.
- A quick turnaround time: When an important appliance in your home isn’t functioning properly, it can be very annoying. If this problem is elongated and doesn’t get fixed, the annoyance can grow. Hiring professionals to repair your home’s dryer will ensure a quick turnaround time, so you can dry your clothes in no time.
The Average Cost of Repairing Your Dryer
Generally, the cost to repair your dryer will vary depending on the issue. Some of the most common repairs can cost anywhere from $100 to $400. Whereas other, more serious repairs, can cost anything over $300. However, it’s important to think about whether or not your dryer should be repaired or replaced.
Some new dryers can cost around $800 and up, so if your repairs begin to add it, it may be time to get a full replacement. But, if you are keeping an eye on your dryer, looking for signs of it dying, and repairing it when needed, your dryer should simply need repairs and keep a full replacement on the back burner. Which, in turn, will save you money in the long run.
Click to contact Top Shelf Appliance Repair Services today
My Dryer Runs But Has No Heat. What’s Wrong With It?
This is probably the most common dryer issue we see. It’s also one of the hardest to take care of on your own. That’s because almost all of the electrical components inside a dryer are dedicated to providing or controlling heat, and you have to test every one of them to find the cause.
This typically involves taking the dryer apart and using a tool called a Volt-Ohm meter to check each component. Some of the parts that could be at fault include:
- The fuse that controls the current
- The thermal switch that controls the temperature
- The thermostat
- The heating coils that actually heat up the dryer
- The timer that tells the dryer when to heat up and cool down
What If My Dryer Won’t Spin at All?
This is almost always a bad belt. Inside your dryer is a belt that runs from the motor to the “drum” that holds the clothes. This belt is what makes the drum spin—but it can wear out, causing it to slip and leaving your dryer motionless.
We can diagnose whether the problem really is the belt or another, less common cause—and fix it immediately.
My Dryer Is Getting Too Hot and Burning My Clothes. What do I Do?
You might be able to fix it in just a few minutes on your own. Check the lint trap and make sure it’s clean. Then go outside to the dryer vent and look into it with a flashlight. If either the lint trap or the vent is clogged it can cause overheating in the dryer. Completely clearing them out might fix the problem.
If neither is clogged, or if this doesn’t fix the problem, turn the dryer off immediately and call a professional. An overheating dryer can cause an actual fire to break out in your home. It may also be leaking carbon monoxide into the home if there’s a clog somewhere you didn’t see.
What Makes You Different from Other Tacoma Dryer Repair Services?
It’s easy to find talented repairmen in the Tacoma area. Many of these repairmen are skilled at the technical side of what they do. Unfortunately, where most fall down is on customer service. We have heard too many homeowners tell horror stories of waiting all day for a repairman who never came, or showed up hours late and didn’t have the right parts.
At Top Shelf Services Repair we believe your convenience comes first. Some of the ways we deliver on that promise include:
- Service the same day you call
- Our technicians arrive on time in a tight 2-hour window
- Your service call is FREE with any repair
- All our repairs include a 90-day warranty
- Our technicians are licensed, insured, and experienced
- We work with 3 different distributors so we have access to virtually any part
Get Your Free Service Call Today!
A broken dryer is more than just an inconvenience. It can derail your entire day. Let us fix it. We are the friendliest, fastest, and easiest to work with repair service in Tacoma.
Simply fill out the request form to your right or contact us to get your washer fixed today. Your service call is FREE with your repair.