Your appliances are among the most expensive things in your home. When one breaks, you shouldn’t have to replace it—or go weeks without it while waiting for a repairman. That’s why Top Shelf Services offers same-day appliance repair services in Des Moines and across King County. We get your appliance running like new—fast.
Top Shelf Services has over 20 years of experience fixing all kinds of appliances. We learned early on that an appliance repair service is defined not just by know-how, but by service. Our technicians always show up on time and always listen to the homeowner, making your repair as convenient as possible. Most importantly, we save you money.
Don’t let a broken appliance ruin your week. Let Top Shelf give you a FREE service call with any repair—and get the job done right. Call us at 253-486-9072 and get your appliances working today.
What appliances do you repair in Des Moines?
At Top Shelf we will repair any brand of appliance. We work on both older and newer models, and we have parts distributors for all of them. The most common appliances we fix include:
- Laundry machines (both washers and dryers)
- Ice makers
- Freezers and refrigerators
- Stoves and ovens
What types of repairs do you do in Des Moines?
There are lots of ways an appliance can stop working, and in our 20 years we’ve fixed just about all of them. But we do know that some repairs are more common than others. The types of calls we get most often include:
- Refrigerator or freezer won’t stay cold
- Dishwasher leaving streaks or dirt on dishes—or not starting
- Washing machine fills with water and won’t empty
- Washing machine refuses to spin or won’t start
- Water leaks from washers, dishwashers, or refrigerators
- Dryer won’t start or won’t get hot
- Dryer overheats
- Ice from your ice dispenser smells funny
- Oven won’t heat up or has hot spots/cold spots
- Broken cooktop
Don’t see your issue on this list? No problem. Just give us a call and let us know what’s wrong. Chances are we’ve fixed it before and can get it done the same day you call.
Can I repair my own appliance?
Yes, in many cases. Even for people who don’t consider themselves “handy,” sometimes you can use easy fixes to solve seemingly big problems. For example:
- Check that the appliance is still plugged in
- Plug something else into the same socket to test that it works
- Make sure the gas valve is open on a gas appliance
- Make sure the water line is on, if it’s a water appliance
- If your ice dispenser is broken, look for a metal “on/off” lever in your freezer. Sometimes ice piles up and pushes it to the “off” position when it shouldn’t be.
If your problem is more complex, there’s a good chance it needs a part replaced. If you’re comfortable with DIY projects and have the right tools, you may still be able to do it yourself. If not, we’re happy to serve as your “Plan B.” Remember to put safety first any time you’re dealing with a gas or electric appliance.
What should I look for in an appliance repair service in Des Moines?
There’s no shortage of people who know how to do repairs. Unfortunately, there is a shortage of good service. We’ve all heard the stories about technicians who come four or five hours late, or never show up at all—or don’t even bring the right tools when they do come. We refuse to put any homeowner through that. That’s why Top Shelf makes some very simple promises:
- We offer same-day repairs
- We arrive on time, every time,in a 1-hour window
- We back up all of our repairs with a 90-day warrantee
- We always come prepared
- We have a wide network of distributors so we can get any part quickly
Get a Free Service Call
Don’t let a broken appliance spoil your week, or your household budget. Top Shelf Services can make your day easier and save you money—and we give you a FREE service call with your repair. Fill out the request form to your right or call us at 253-486-9072 and get your free service call today.